Anne-Marie has focused much of her years of teaching since 2001 on working productively with people recovering from various injuries and health conditions. Some of these conditions have included:
- People in recovery from, or with with chronic back problems, weak or injured necks, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees or ankles. Acute cases are not suitable as pilates cannot benefit at that time.
- Sports injuries
- Car crash related injuries
- Bad posture related injuries
- Spine problems, disk problems
- Asthma and breathing conditions
- Digestive disorders, e.g. irritable bowel syndrome
- Stress related conditions
- Pre /post pregnancy health issues
Anne-Marie’s priority is your continued progress and well-being. Should you have an injury or health condition, Anne-Marie will need to know details from you by e-mail prior to booking, in order to assess your safe and productive participation on a course with her. Anne-Marie may also ask to contact her clients’ therapists, only at their request or with their permission, to discuss their injury or health condition in order to further their recovery. The information discussed is of course kept private and confidential. She may need your doctor or physician’s clearance in writing to proceed.
- Please note that pilates can benefit people in recovery from, or with with chronic injuries. Acute cases are not suitable as pilates cannot benefit fully at that time.
In Anne-Marie’s classes, you can work at your own pace, ask questions, and with the small numbers in a group class (maximum 8-12 people), be confident that you will receive enough care and individual attention to work safely and productively.